Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A day of contrasts.....

I went out this morning for a nice long bike ride and I couldn't believe it after about 1/4 mile it started with a light rain..... The rain continued for the next 6-7 miles but was fairly light. I was down on the other side of the island when the rain stopped so I continued cruising around in no hurry to get back, big mistake!!!! I got caught in a torrential downpour with thunder & lightning all around. Unfortunately I still had about 2 miles to go to get back home.... boy was I drenched. Even the stuff inside my carry case on the back of the bike was wet.... Fortunately, the sun came out in the afternoon and the rest of the day was glorious!!!! We went up on the boardwalk this evening and cruised around and had some Mack & Manco pizza.... delicious! Nice day!!!

No comments: