Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 29 Nuku' Alofa, Tonga

Last night we crossed the International Dateline so we lost Wednesday….  It is now 10:40 pm on the East coast of the USA on Wednesday 2 February 2011 while here it is 4:40 pm on Thursday afternoon 3 February, boy time flies….  We arrived at our next port, Nuku’ Alofa Tonga, around 8:00 this morning.  This is my 3rd visit to Tonga, a very lovely place to visit.  I decided to explore Nuku’ Alofa and visit a bit with the people.  I started the long walk into the town center and stopped at every market, fruit & vegetable stand and fish market along the way.  I also checked out a couple of cemeteries… love the decorations here.  I spent time chatting with the locals and had a great time.  Once in town, I went to the Royal Palace and the Royal tombs.  Other than that I focused on the local scenery and people.  Downtown I ran into Allan & Sandra and joined them at a nice little restaurant, 2 Sisters, with a balcony table.  Lunch was nice and from our perch it was nice watching the locals come & go.  Nice day….

 

 

No comments: