Saturday, May 22, 2010

What in the world am I doing here????

Life is a lot more fun and relaxing when you are just sailing around the world. You have no errands to run, no doctor & dentist appointments and you don't have to wash dishes or take out the trash. I have been home for 3 weeks now and I must say this is hard work. The unpacking of 12 bags alone nearly wiped me out. I have been taking some time in the sun so at least my tan is back in full swing. I have also been doing a fair amount of research for my next adventures.... I am hoping to do some traveling around the USA & Canada and check out the sights and perhaps see a few friends along the way. I have also been working on a book. I only have about 90 pages done out of a planned 250 but it is coming along slowly. I took over 50,000 photos on the 7 1/2 month journey so there are a few photos to look at.... There just don't seem to be enough hours in the day to get everything done. So, life at home is hard work at times which can wear on you but... most of all, I am really missing my friends from the ms Amsterdam.... they are very special to me. I am feeling great physically, the doctor has given me a clean bill of health and I am well rested for the next adventure, whenever it comes along.... stay tuned.

1 comment:

bksunbuddies said...

I agree...Now that I have had a taste of Grand cruising...I could cruise forever. Can't you do your taxes on line???

We enjoyed traveling with you. Brad will never forget his birthday in Bora Bora...swimming with sharks and the whole Patrick excursion! Wow!

I am now planning the January 2011 Amazon, Antarctica and So. America Grand. We leave the same day as you do for the World. Hope to see you as we sail away to different parts of the world.

We live less than an hour north of Ft. Lauderdale if you ever want to visit. I always have plenty of Diet Coke!

Karen and Brad Deacon

PS Check out the Gold Leaf service on the Rocky Mountaineer train in Canada...SUPERB!!!