Monday, August 2, 2010

Follow the sun.....

Some people ask me why I even own a house since I'm gone so much.... The answer is easy, need a place for my stuff. Here I am again on the road. I popped back up to Delaware to see family and friends once again. This is my time of the year to catch up on all those visits. I was at my sister's house yesterday where she threw a big "Crab fest" for about 20 people to celebrate my brother in Law's birthday. It was a magnificent day. The food was fabulous as was the sun poolside. Today I am back in Rehoboth Beach Delaware... After sailing all over the world, this beach remains as one of my favorites. I have been coming here since 1961 and it feels like coming home.... As for my big road trip out west, who knows.... I am playing it by ear day to day. I did book flights for the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta in October. I figured it was senseless to couple that with a drive since it is so close to my long cruising adventure. Pretty soon I will publish an overview of the next voyage for those of you that are interested. My biggest challenge in the meantime is to get squared away with the "real" Visa requirements for the next voyage with Holland America HQ in Seattle.... it shouldn't be that difficult.... I am awaiting a "contact" who will listen to my concerns and take the appropriate actions.... If I can't get the Visa issues resolved this week I may cancel the fall cruises....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff:
Love the house in the fourth picture down AND the dolphins! It really is a great beach!
B-FL

June said...

Jeff,
I have been following your blog for several years now and have throughly enjoyed your travel destinations, commentary and photos. Would you mind if I put your blog in my Facebook? I tell everyone who travels about your love of travel and your around the world voyages.
I look forward to your next adventure.

June

Jennie said...

Hi Jeff,

I pop by every week to see if you have added any news etc. I love seeing the beach photos as we are in the middle of winter down here and everything is so drab and dull.

I am looking forward to reading your itinerary when you get around to putting it on the Blog.

Enjoy the rest of summer.

Jennie

Jeff Farschman said...

I don't mind if you put my blog on Facebook, I have it there....

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your balloon pictures. I am sure they will be spectacular. I am sure HAL will figure things out, you are too loyal a cruiser for them not to help out. Looking forward to seeing your cruise plans for the fall. Have a safe summer.