Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sizzling at the Outer Banks....

I figured after sitting at home in temps exceeding 100 degrees with a heat index of 121 it may be wise to head to the beach….  This decision was heavily influenced by the fact that today was supposed to be hotter than yesterday.  So, early this morning I headed for Kills Devil Hills in the Outer Banks of North Carolina, about an hour’s drive from my house.  It truly was a wise decision…  While it was indeed hot at the beach, it was nowhere near as brutal as in Chesapeake…  The nice breeze helped.  Your first clue to the whole breeze issue is the woman (pictured) who had to swim out for her umbrella which blew away.  As for the dilapidated barn… nothing special, I just liked the photo.  Three more months and I will be sailing again…….

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the first pic, with the fences and the grasses...
Looks like a lovely day for the beach~
kristy

whitey said...

Reminds me of someone I know who's cash blew into the water in Aruba

Jeff Farschman said...

Oh my! I forgot all about that....

Jeff Farschman said...

That was a great day at Palm Beach in Aruba...