Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Up next.... The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta







Tomorrow, hopefully, I will finish packing and prepare for a very early morning flight Thursday to Albuquerque, New Mexico. I have a couple of issues I have to deal with before I can leave but hopefully that won't be a problem... The last time I went to Albuquerque for the Fiesta was in 2006. I haven't been there since because I was on the Holland America Grand Voyages to Asia, Australia & the South Pacific during the Fiesta. It will be great to see all my friends out in Albuquerque and to photograph perhaps the most colorful event in the world. I am sure there will be at least 750 balloons flying at the event.... very cool! I will be helping out with a balloon crew for "Zephyrus' Kiss" and it's pilot Eric Hodges who I consider the best around.... His mother, Jan Hodges, is a longtime friend who I worked with years ago when I lived in Albuquerque. I included a few photos from my last Fiesta in 2006. Enjoy! Then I return home for the final push to get ready for my exciting new voyages between October and the end of April.....

1 comment:

Erin said...

Love that third photo ... what a perspective.