Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sun, sand a nice breeze.....

I drove up to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware very early this morning and was on the beach by 10:00 am. It felt so good to sink my toes into the sand, sit back, listen to music on my iPod and soak up the sun..... Oh, I almost forgot.... and drinking a diet coke. It was a very pleasant day up until about 3:00 when I saw some dark clouds approaching from the west. I decided that I really didn't want to get caught in a thunder shower on the beach so I packed up and left the beach. In hindsight I really was a bit too cautious.... the storm never arrived. I'm losing my touch. I spent the evening with my friend Lucy, whom I'm been friends with since 1961..... that's a long time. I shopped for some items for the upcoming voyage. I can't believe it, I even bought a pair of water proof, thermal, winter hiking boots.... Whatever happened to the professional beach bum? I hope these world adventures don't ruin my dedication to warm weather and the sun. Oh well..... I'll find sun here and there in the colder regions that we will sail into.... I hope! Tomorrow morning I have a 0915 ferry taking me from Lewes Delaware to Cape May New Jersey. I will then drive to Ocean City, New Jersey to visit my friends Patty, Jim and their daughter Emily and of course... Ellie (their dog who rules the roost). I am looking forward to seeing my friends and spending some quality time in Ocean City either riding my bike of planting myself on the beach.... It will be a fun trip.

1 comment:

whitey said...

BOOTS!

Where is the beach bum I knew once!
Can just see it now a nice Tommy shirt with hiking boots...

Pic please.