Sunday, September 13, 2009

The countdown has begun....

Today I finally finished packing for my upcoming (very long, 223 days) voyage. FedEx comes tomorrow to pickup my luggage shipment. The rest I will take with me on my flight Thursday to Seattle. I am not looking forward to the flight to the west coast because I hate long flights and they are very uncomfortable for me. Once I am in Seattle my excitement will start building. On Friday I will be visiting Holland America's headquarters and will meet with their President & CEO, Stein Kruse. I'm sure it will be a nice visit. In 2007 before I went on my "MegaVoyage" (219 days) I went to the headquarters and they certainly made me feel welcome. If Celebrity had ever made me feel at home like Holland America has I might still be sailing with them... Nah, just kidding. I will be having lunch with my favorite two staff members from Seattle and that will be great. Other than that I will probably do my normal wander around Seattle and take a photo or two.... Saturday I will be boarding the ms Amsterdam, a ship that I have already spent over a year on. I will get settled in, unpack an ungodly amount of luggage and await my new adventures.... First stop will be Alaska and can you believe it????? This is my first time to Alaska....all over the world and never to Alaska. It should be amazing. I have some fabulous tours booked..... Getting close.... the new adventure awaits....

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a wonderful world voyage! I'll be one day ahead of you in Alaska...hoping for great weather.

Looking forward to following along with all your posts and (as usual) wonderful pictures.

Kerry

Mary said...

I can't believe that you have never been to Alaska. That is pretty interesting. Have a safe trip to Seattle, enjoy your time with the CEO. I can't wait for your journey to begin. It should be fun.

Holly said...

Ok do not take anymore than two (2) pictures while in Seattle.

Hope that this voyage includes the Bulldogger!!

Can't wait to see everyday what you're doing and where you are.

Much love,

Holly

Jeff Farschman said...

I think I'll over achieve and take at least 3 photos in Seattle.....

Elsie said...

Have a safe trip to Seattle and a great cruise. I look forward to your posts.

Jennie said...

HiJeff,

How exciting to know that you are just about to leave for another great adventure. I am looking forward to once again reading your posts about your travels and seeing your great photos.

Jennie

Unknown said...

know our count down will begin fot breakfast safe travels sas & allan

Anonymous said...

Bon Voyage! We look forward to following your travels!
Welcome to the Pacific Northwest later this week! Hope the weather holds out for you!
kristy

Anne said...

Hi Jeff

I am new to your blog but my family members are dedicated to your travels!! We are life-long cruisers as well, and I have spent many a night at sea and love reading about your experiences. We too, love Holland America (especially the crew and their Bami Gooreng) but try other lines as well. My parents, brother, husband and I await your new voyage and are counting down to ours...only 6 weeks to go until we're at sea again...

Thank you and SAFE travels,
Anne Reaven and Family

ron and glenda said...

Exactly how many Diet Cards will you be needing? We think 3 pics in Seattle is pushing it.

whitey said...

http://www.alaskayellowpages.com/search.byCategoryID/2583.html

Jeff always there for you bud...
Above is a link to tanning Salons in Alaska. Hate to see you fade.
Enjoy as always...

John

Jeff Farschman said...

Diet coke cards??? I'm starting with about 50, I know... not enough. I may have to pick up some cards and 12 packs along the way. Wish you guys were coming. It's definitely not too late to book the World.

Jeff Farschman said...

I'll try the Tanning Salons. Do I get a discount if I tell them I was referred by "Whitey"?

HappyCruiser said...

Jeff, surprised to hear you've never been to Alaska. It is absolutely gorgeous--you'll love the photo ops.

While you're at HAL HQ, see if you can talk them into repeating the islands/Australia/New Zealand portion of the cruise soon. They're not doing it next year. So disappointed. Wanted to do it. I too hate long plane trips & this was the perfect way to get there.

Bon Voyage! Look forward to following along.

Anonymous said...

WWWOOOOO HOOOOO another world adventure. I am psyched as you are, your reports are the best. Hope you have safe travels and create unforgettable memories. Enjoy.

Ken

Lawrence Peterson said...

Jeff,
It was a great pleasure to meet you on the 35 day Maasdam cruise. We'll be watching for your postings from now on. Sounds like a great itinerary. We post photos via Google Picassa, although that doesn't allow blogging, and once I get organized I'll send along the link and the great photos of you taking photos.
Cheers,
Lawrence and Gene
Reno, NV

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,
Looking forward to your daily blog and photographs. Thanks for sharing.
Hope you had some good beach weather while you were home to thaw out for your next adventure.
Wishing you a safe flight and wonderful journey.
After a year on the m/s Amsterdam seems like you should have earned a nameplate on your cabin door while on board!
BVH- Groton, CT

June said...

Jeff,
Have a wonderful time and think of all of us at home holding down the fort.
We cruised the inside passage in June, from Vancouver to Seward and back. It was awesome.
I hope you see lots of whales, eagles and bears and get close enough for pictures.

Thanks for all the blogs and have safe travels.

June