Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sleepless in Seattle....

























My body clock was way to0 powerful for me..... I was pretty tired when I went to bed last night. It was very late on the East Coast. Unfortunately, I got up based on East Coast time. I was up at 0200 and not loving it. Tonight may not be much better because I never sleep well the night before a big event (like going on a 65 day voyage). This morning, after an amazing breakfast here at the hotel, I decided to tour around town. I went to the Pike Place Market, which is very historic and amazing. There is tons of produce, seafood, flowers and crafts...... love it! There are a lot of interesting characters at the market. I had lunch with our Holland America Sales Rep, Mookie, which was great. We then toured around Seattle for some great photos. I especially liked the statue of Vladimir Lenin and the Giant Troll under an overpass with a WV bug in its clutches..... Why they bought a statue of Lenin from Russia and placed it in Seattle is a bit puzzling...... left coast art? It turned out to be a pretty nice day aside from being too overcast and cool for my taste. Tomorrow is the big day! Now I'm getting excited!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jeff one more time you are amazing the camera and you are one. Hope this trip is all you lives up to your expectations. We miss you allan and sandra