Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 8 Canadian adventure....

I woke up this morning to a beautiful day in St John… After fog, rain & clouds, it was a welcome relief. My ferry to Nova Scotia didn't leave until noon so I just relaxed in the morning until I drove over to the ferry terminal. I got there about 2 hours early just to be sure that I would get a parking spot since I was leaving my car in St John. Frank & Barbara were picking me up in Digby, Nova Scotia on the other side. I made the best of my time while we waited and found several photo ops, including 2 lighthouses… very cool. The ferry ride of 3 hours was nice and the sail into Digby was breathtaking. The beautiful landscape, the shear cliffs and of course the lighthouses… Frank & Barbara were there when I arrived and Frank & I wore our pointed hats we got from Bangkok during the World Voyage… I think the locals were in shock! We spent the rest of the day seeing the magnificent sights of Digby and enjoying Frank & Barbara's beautiful cottage up on the hill overlooking the water. The most amazing thing here is seeing how the tides change up & down 40 feet each day, that is huge. As you can see from the photos, the harbor is set up for that with the poles to guide the docks up & down and the combo stairs/ramps that roll to adjust with the tidal levels… It is incredibly beautiful here and such a treat to see my friends Frank & Barbara…..

2 comments:

Ron and Glenda said...

I hope you said "HI" to Frank & Barbara from us. Your trip looks like a lot of fun and it is probably cooler there than here in Dallas.

Anonymous said...

You are doimg an amazing job. The photo's are superb. You look like you are having a blasy. Drive safe, Allan and sandra