Monday, June 21, 2010

New England Road trip.... Day 4 Salem & Marblehead Massachusetts

I left my friends in Connecticut around 0730 this morning heading for Maine.... I decided to skirt the great Boston Area to avoid traffic congestion like I experienced in New York. I set out a route to see Marblehead, Massachusetts on my way to Maine. As I approached Marblehead, I came across Salem, of witchcraft fame, which seemed worthy of a stop. I think I dated a couple of women from there. I walked around Salem and toured the House of Seven Gables that Nathanial Hawthorne made famous in his book. I also came across a delighful tall masted ship.... very cool. It was a great stop along the way. Marblehead was also amazing. It is a lovely seaside community with a lot of lovely scenic views. Theses stops made the trip all the way to Maine a bit more bearable....

No comments: