Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 9 Anguilla

Today was time for a bit of a side trip….. Brad & I planned on leaving St Martin for a while to take the ferry from Marigot, St Martin (French side) over to Anguilla. The trip got off to a bit of a rough start because of a passport issue. The day before I told everyone to make sure they brought their passports. I decided to bring my passport card instead. Even though it says it is good for travel in the Caribbean, the French authorities had a different view. That meant I either scrapped the trip or… take a taxi all the way back to Phillipsburg St Maarten (Dutch side) get my passport and return to Marigot. I chose to go back and get my passport….. not a happy time. Anyway, we finally got underway and after a extremely rough crossing in the ferry, we began exploring Anguilla. The island is quite small, very flat but populated with spectacular resorts and beaches. The trip was certainly worth it, just to see the amazing turquoise colored waters and the powdery white sand. Nice island!!! Oh yeah! I almost forgot..... we left St. Maarten 2 1/2 hours early. It was something about running away from hurricane Tomas... It seems it is hitting all the places we just visited, including St. Lucia, where we were yesterday. When I said I hoped it would rain at the Boatyard in Barbados, I never dreamed I would hit the motherload.... Hope they didn't lose a lot of revenue... OK, maybe that was a little white lie.
o:p>

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay pal remind me not to tick you off, THe Boatyard" will be clsed by next year. Happy sailing. Allan and Sandra