Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Getting ready for the next voyage....

Now that I am back home I really do have to start getting serious about the next voyage. The total is over 8 months and the short break after the first 35 day Voyage of the Vikings makes it just a little more complicated. I am ticking off little items that have to be dealt with before I leave and collecting things to be packed. Of course I will find time for a little sunshine between chores..... I am getting excited about the voyage, in spite of the fact that I am dreading some of the colder climates.... Some of the warm weather gear I bought is not something I saw in my future.... I had planned on staying in warm (hot) climates but sometimes the adventure spirit takes you out of your comfort level. I just got a new computer to handle the blogging chores (3rd one in the last 6-7 months). I think I finally have the right combination of portability (small) and performance to properly handle photos.... I'll keep you posted as I get closer to sailing.....

11 comments:

Mary said...

Just happened to check your blog tonight. I can't wait for the next trip. It will be fun for all of us landlocked at home. Happy packing.

Unknown said...

will be thinking of your trip. remmember we lived most of our life in the colder climate. thats why we are always so happy to live in USA. happ travels. alsas

Jeff Farschman said...

Actually, when I lived in Colorado for all those years I looked forward to winter. I couldn't wait to got to the mountains and ski..... Now, I'm a wimp when it comes to cold weather.

Louise said...

Looking orward to your upcoming trip. I try to check in with you every other day, or if I am at work - every day. Thank you for the name of the publisher of your pictures. We wanted to keep all our pictures of each cruise and I think your idea of a book for each trip is an excellent idea. Happy packing - I'm sure it will be a great trip.

Jeff Farschman said...

I did not get a Mac. I got a fairly small but powerful PC from Averatec. It's a little bigger than I wanted but has a lot of capability

Jeff Farschman said...

My apologies to those whose comments I deleted in error (sorry Dennis)

whitey said...

Gloves and tugue don't take a lot of room... LOL

Jeff Farschman said...

If I knew what tugue was I might agree.......

Holly said...

LOL - I was wondering the exact same thing. I wonder if Google knows??

Jeff Farschman said...

I actually Googled it before I made my comment. I didn't want to appear ignorant in front of whitey.... actually, this time of year I should call him the bronze one

darker shade of whitey said...

Guess it did not translate from Canadian to American to good, lol.

Bronze baby is correct. Seadoos are sitting outback right now and the only thing that stops us from going out is a four letter bad word. "WORK". Remember that phrase Jeff.

Holly picking on the Canadian eh? LOL