Monday, July 20, 2009

Very soon now...

It's Monday afternoon and FedEx comes to pick up two bags tomorrow afternoon. The packing is almost done (good thing by now). I have arranged for a lot of tours along the way. The highlight for me will always be or trip to Greenland. That is the sole reason why I'm booked on this voyage. Since I was born in Greenland I just feel that I have to go back and see for myself the environment that my parents and older sister lived in many years ago...... Now that they are no longer with us, it has become very important to me these last three years to get off my duff and just go see for myself. Here are the ship's tours that I have booked at this point:
Iles De La Madeleine, Quebec • Monday, July 27, 2009
Havre-Aux-Maisons Island Highlights
Departs: 9:45am • Approximately 2¾ Hours
La Grave on Your Own
Departs: 2:15pm • Approximately 3 Hours
Bonne Bay, Newfoundland • Tuesday, July 28, 2009
The Tablelands - a Rare Piece of Earth
Departs: 9:00am • Approximately 2½ Hours
Red Bay, Labrador, Canada • Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Lighthouse Journey
Departs: 8:30am • Approximately 3 Hours
Akureyri, Iceland • Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Lake Myvatn
Departs: 9:00am • Approximately 8 Hours
Husavik, Iceland • Wednesday, August 5, 2009
The Diamond Circle Tour - Full day
Departs: 9:00am • Approximately 5½ Hours
Seydisfjordur Iceland • Thursday, August 6, 2009
Eastern Iceland Wonders
Departs: 9:00am • Approximately 6½ Hours
Invergordon, Scotland • Saturday, August 8, 2009
Loch Ness, Water Monsters and Highland Castles
Departs: 9:30am • Approximately 8 Hours
S Queensferry (Edinburgh), Uk • Sunday, August 9, 2009
Edinburgh Highlights & Castle
Departs: 8:30am • Approximately 4 Hours
Medieval Scotland
Departs: 2:00pm • Approximately 4 Hours
Dunmore East, Waterford, Ireland • Thursday, August 13, 2009
Medieval Kilkenny & Castle
Departs: 9:00am • Approximately 7¾ Hours
Liverpool, England, Uk • Friday, August 14, 2009
The Welsh Experience: Countryside, Train & Castle
Departs: 8:30am • Approximately 8½ Hours
Greenock (Glasgow), Scotland • Saturday, August 15, 2009
Stirling Castle
Departs: 8:15am • Approximately 4½ Hours
Torshavn, Faroe Islands • Monday, August 17, 2009
Vestmanna Seacliffs
Departs: 10:00am • Approximately 4 Hours
Djupivogur, Iceland • Tuesday, August 18, 2009
The Valley of the Waterfalls 4 x 4 Safari
Departs: 11:00am • Approximately 4½ Hours
Reykjavik, Iceland • Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Reykjavik Highlights
Departs: 2:30pm • Approximately 3½ Hours
St Anthony, Newfoundland • Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Northland Discovery Boat Tour
Departs: 8:30am • Approximately 2 Hours
St.Johns, Newfoundland, Canada • Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Old St. John's & Cape Spear
Departs: 8:30am • Approximately 4 Hours
St Pierre, France • Thursday, August 27, 2009
Ile aux Marins: A Tour to Sailors' Island
Departs: 8:45am • Approximately 2 Hours
There are two other stops where I have plans, first, on our second day in Reykjavik, Iceland I will be taking the "Golden Circle" tour arranged by my friends Larry & Carol and in Rotterdam I am very excited to see my friends Aart & Yvonne again.... Now I better finish that packing......

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You should be so excited I know Sandra and I are excited for you. Safe and joyful journey. Happy sailing Allan and Sandra

Mary said...

I never realized that there was so much to see in Iceland. And I can't wait to see your pictures from the Loch Ness tour. Travel safely.

Anonymous said...

Bon Voyage, Jeff. I look forward to following your adventures on your blog (as usual). Best wishes and safe journeys.

Kerry

Julie said...

Woah - just found your blog after reading a post about it on CC. What a great blog. I can't wait to read all about your adventures. Have a wonderful trip.

MaryAnn said...

Hi Jeff, glad you are travelling again, I always look forward to your adventures and photos.

Say HI to Larry & Carol from MaryAnn & John

Bon Voyage,

MaryAnn (wowzo)

whitey said...

Enjoy Jeff and I will be watching the weather reports.
I really do promise not to laugh too hard if I read "snow".
Enjoy the east coast of our wonderful country and the US dollar will come in handy.

Jeff Farschman said...

I'll try and include a photo all bundled up against the cold just for you Whitey.... also, don't be surprised if there is one of me sunbathing up around Greenland.