Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What a great day.....

Today was just perfect.... Not only was it sunny & bright, there was a nice breeze which made for a nice relaxing day in the sun. The big item for the day was the arrival of a 90 day supply of my prescriptions.... On the surface it doesn't sound too monumental but it has been like pulling teeth for two months to get enough medications to cover me until next May. I needed 9 months worth and every time they would agree to it they wouldn't deliver. When they did deliver they always came up short....need 270 days worth, here's 90... we'll sent you 180, I'd receive 90 and on it went.... There were conference calls that lasted over an hour, countless calls to member services and major intervention by my doctor's Medical Assistant Katie. Without a doubt she deserves employee of the decade. She went way beyond my expectations and certainly beyond today's general practice in working this issue. Without her diligent efforts I would be leaving on my voyage without my medications. I called my doctor's office (C.L.Harris) this afternoon to pass on my heartfelt that's to Katie. I hope (and I know he does) Dr. Harris recognizes what a jewel she is...... At this moment, I am less than enamored with Medco, the prescription drug supplier I have at this time. Up to this point they have been pretty good...what happened? Slow rolling the meds because of the ecomomy? I don't know. I just hope they get back on track like I know they can. Well, now I am ready! I'll just sit back and relax until my ride comes at 0645 Friday morning to take me to the airport. I am looking forward to this voyage not only because of the itinerary but because old friends will be joining me along the way.....

6 comments:

CINGULARONE said...

Jeff-

Another 'way too much time on your cruise" question. Have you invested in a Kindle (or another book reader) for your journeys? I tend to relax (and read) on most of our cruises. I cannot imagine taking enough books for our upcoming 21 night voyage. If you have, are you happy with your selection?

Hope all is well-

Dennis

Jeff Farschman said...

In fact I did buy a Kindle and just love it. I have many books loaded and ready to go. That coupled with my iPod Touch and Sudoku books and the ever present blogging keeps me very busy....

Kween Karen said...

Hi Jeff! Good luck on this next adventure. I will be following you. Look forward to meeting you on the Grand South Pacific, etc. Thanks for you support with my "agency issue".....I may be posting the comment here....or on my own travel blog.
http://dreamcruise.kweenkaren.com/

teri said...

Have a great trip Jeff! Hope the weather is warm & sunny...can't wait to follow along thru your blog! Anxious to hear about the Maasdam, haven't been on that dam ship yet. I love to read too...hope the Kindle works great...it may go on my Xmas list if you have fun with it!

Bon Voyage!
Teri

whitey said...

NINE Months of Meds...

Never even thought about that situation Jeff.

I could see me getting through customs with a VERY large suitcase full of pills!

Good Luck Friday and long range forecast is for light snow flurries in Nufie mid August! LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,
Can't believe it's time for you to begin another adventure. Certainly sounds exciting and should have lots of photo ops.
The Maasdam actually visited Groton/New London last summer a couple of times on her East Coast cruises.
We're finally beginning to get summer weather so hopefully it will be at least 70 when you arrive in Boston.
Best wishes for wonderful times and
safe voyage.
BVH-Groton, CT