Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day 47 Sydney, Australia





















I woke up this morning feeling really, really tired…. I really wasn’t too excited about my 8 hour adventure to the Blue Mountains. I still felt washed out after a nice breakfast but I went down to check in fro my tour. Then the most wonderful thing happened…. A woman was desperately trying to get on the tour which was sold out. Since I felt her pain I reluctantly gave up my ticket …. Now I was free to spend the day on my terms and not hostage to a long bus ride. I met up with my friends Ian & Carol and we decided to take the ferry over to Manley Beach for a bit of sightseeing and shopping. The ferry ride over was great. I enjoyed hanging out in Manley for a while and scoping out the beach fro my upcoming visit to Sydney for the World Voyage. Nice place! After we got back to Sydney we went our separate ways for a while since I was pretty beat. I had lunch and sat around by the pool for about an hour before I decided to go to the Opera House and get a guided tour. It was very interesting… too bad I couldn’t take photos in the concert halls. I did get a nice photo of a guy in a royality kind of outfit…. Looks a bit like my buddy Randy. This evening I tried my hand at some night photos and once I finish the blog it’s off to bed. We have two days at sea before we arrive into New Caledonia…. Lets hope the weather improves. The sea days overall have been less than optimal….

1 comment:

Kween Karen said...

How did you get all those pictures up on the bridge? They are great....they don't let you take your camera up....correct? Are those purchased pictures? If so...how did you get them scanned while onboard? Ooooo so many questions. They are great pics....all ofthem.