Saturday, November 15, 2008

Day 58 At Sea

Last night’s Captain’s dinner was really nice. My friend Alan would have been proud as I deviated from my fairly conservative eating habits and actually ate, and enjoyed, the Pate de Foie Gras and the Lobster with leeks, caviar and Champagne veloute’…… We had the Tropical Paradise Ball and it was fun. They did a nice job putting it together. Today was another glorious day. The weather was just perfect. The voting for the photo contest started today. There are 3 categories and 3 of my entries, Wildlife (baby birds “Lunchtime” #3), People/life (floating markets of Bangkok #5), and Landscape (Terraced Rice Fields of Bali #5). Remember you can vote , if you choose to do so, at http://www.msamsterdam.spaces.live.com/ . Tomorrow morning we arrive in Honolulu and have to first go through Immigration. That will take a while especially for the foreign nationals. I hope we can get away at a reasonable time in the morning. I’m not sure what our plans will be. We will pretty much wing it. I think it will involve a bit of touring and beach time…. I guess you’ll find out tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your right your friend Allan is proud of you. The joys of life are never to be taken for granted. Being the chubby friend who loves food it makes me proud to be part of your growth (waist) Glad to hear your having a blast. Allan and sandra