Friday, November 21, 2008

Day 64 At Sea

Today was very similar to yesterday, sunny but very windy. The temperatures are cooling a bit as we head north to San Diego. Today they had the presentations for the photo contest. I got first place for the Rice Fields of Bali in the Landscape. I guess I owe a big thank you to my buddy Randy for suggesting I submit that one. Thanks! I received a second place award for the Wildlife category with my photo of the baby birds. Finally, I also received another second place award for the people/life category for my photo of the Floating Markets in Bangkok…. Not a bad day….. Thanks to all who voted for my photos..... Tonight is our last formal night and our farewell dinner. This will be preceeded by a cocktail party with the Captain and his staff.... should be fun

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have certainly enjoyed your writing and photos. Thanks to Jean and Doug MacLean for alerting me to this sight. I only realized today that I could leave comments and read comments from others. Better late than never? Warm memories came flooding back when you included a photo of Helen and her husband. Had sailed with them several times on holiday cruises and they were happy travelers. You captured their smiles perfectly! Wonder if you ever came across Thelma? A slight, very petite young woman in her 90's. We had sailed with her on the 34 day Voyage of the Vikings. She had babysat James Stewart. Have a safe trip home and may your memories help combat the cold weather you face.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the photo contest!