Saturday, May 2, 2009

Day 117 At Sea


Today was another lovely day. We were interrupted once or twice by a quick shower but it was wonderful all the same. Last night I was invited to attend a bit of a celebration this morning at 1000 in the Dining Room. Willem Regelink, the Chief Housekeeper, was celebrating 40 years with the company and I was delighted that he invited me to attend the celebration with the Captain & crew. It was a well done affair. Willem’s staff and a large number of the ship’s staff and crew were all there to mark this impressive milestone. Willem has been on almost every one of my voyages with Holland America. He is great at what he does, very friendly and always willing to help out when his assistance is needed. He’s just a great guy! Congratulations Willem!

1 comment:

kentkc said...

Hi Jeff - Kent Froman here. I am enjoying reading your blog. My wife & I boarded the Rotterdam in Dubai. You write well & interestingly. Keep doing it. I'll see you on Deck 7 aft when the sun returns.