Sunday, May 10, 2009

Day 125 Gustavia, St Barts

Happy Mother’s Day!!!! Today was a return visit to St Barts for me. I got on the first tender ashore and explored around Gustavia. I got to see some sights I hadn’t seen before which was nice. I also went to the nearest beach, Shell Beach which was lovely. I even climbed up the huge hill at one end to catch some nice views from above. The downside was that it was Sunday and most places were closed… bummer! All in all though it was a lovely day. This was, for me, the last port to visit on this Grand World Voyage. On Wednesday we pull into Ft Lauderdale but I’ll stay close to the ship. Tonight is our last formal night and…. our big headliner for the last “big” show. Tonight Chita Rivera will be performing. It should be a fun evening.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,
As your cruise comes to an end thank you for sharing your wonderful photos - they always told a story of the people and places you visited. I know how difficult it can be to depend on ship internet service - you deserve lots of kudos for keeping this sight going through the whole cruise.

Barbara

Anonymous said...

AWESOME,AWESOME, AWESOME BLOG. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. One question I have, are you signed up for another cruise soon. I will miss this and hope your sailing again real soon.

Thanks Again for taking us along at least virtually.

Robert and Karen said...

Thank you Jeff for sharing your trip with us! Karen and I will board the Rotterdam in New York when you leave. We have read your blog each day since you boarded in Ft Lauderdale. Your observations, thoughts and pictures have made us feel at home on a ship we have never seen.

Robert

W CUBED said...

HEY JEFF,

THANKS FOR TAKING ME ON THIS ADVENTURE WITH YOU....IT WAS WONDERFUL TO 'TRAVEL' WITH YOU SINCE THIS IS THE LONGEST EVER THAT I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO TRAVEL, WHAT WITH BEING 'HOUSE BOUND'...

W CUBED

Anonymous said...

As the cruise comes to an end I too want to thank you for taking us along with you. It has been wonderful and I'll miss my daily practice of checking in to see what you are up to. Your pictures are wonderful and your commentary very insightful. Have a safe trip home and I hope to see you posting of your travels again.
Blair

Steve said...

Thank you so much for the time and expense you put in taking all of us along for this wonderful journey. The pictures and descriptions have been wonderful.

Sweets said...

Are you sure the headliner is not Chaquita Banana... the lovely lady that was on the Horizon several years ago????