Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day 2009







My Memorial Day weekend in Rehoboth Beach Delaware was great. I got in a lot of sunny beach which just hit the spot. It was great seeing family and friends and to just relax. I am now home and have lots of things to do. I have started doing a photo book about the 2009 Grand World Voyage. It is a little scary.... I am using a different publisher so I hope it comes out well. The book will be 250 pages long so I can put in lots of photos, especially from Africa. I also at the same time have to start planning what I will be doing on the upcoming 258 days of sailing I have booked. It's a lot of work.... Tough life!

6 comments:

whitey said...

Can you post link for the book when done Jeff.

hanks Semi White

klp said...

Thanks for sharing your journey with us! We enjoyed the pictures and the reports from the various ports.
I am still curious, what camera do you use? Aside from your eye for a great shot, you seem to get great color and clarity!
Also, who have you used for doing photo books before, who are you trying now?
Thanks,
Kristy

Jeff Farschman said...

My first book was with Shutterfly. It was pretty good but I then tried Mypublisher, they were better. The problem with them is there is a 100 page limitation. The other downside at the moment is that they don't have a sale going (normally have 40-50%off). I thought I'd try printmyphotobook.com. You can go up to 250 pages... quality? Time will tell. No bookjackets like Mypublisher but I can live with that. I principally use a Nikon D-300 with an 18-200mm lens. For Africa I also used a Nikon P80 with an 18X lens on a monopod for close up wildlife shots. I have other cameras for around the ship or underwater photography. Whitey, I'll send you the link when I'm done, it will only be good for 48 hours.... security? Doesn't make sense to me.

klp said...

Thanks Jeff, it is always good to hear what is working for people!
Kristy

klp said...

Thanks Jeff, for your responses to my questions! It is always nice to hear what is working for people!
kristy

Anonymous said...

Jeff I just found your blog. Your pictures are fabulous, thanks for sharing.


Margie Miller