Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 127 At Sea

Today may have been on of the hottest so far. It was just sizzling! I capped off the afternoon with a nice massage…. It helps to be really relaxed to get in the proper frame of mind to pack. I also was deeply disappointed by the photo shop today. I received a $100 gift certificate for my first place finish in the photo contest. The amazing thing is that it is only good for photos or DVDs. Since it is the end of the voyage it is kind of an interesting prize since I have no opportunities for ship’s photos to be taken. They told me this morning that I could print 333 prints of my photos for the $100 so I spent 1 ½ hours pulling photos to be printed. I went to the photo shop to have them printed and was informed that they couldn’t guarantee it would be done before New York. I told them to keep their prize. Imagine giving a prize that you can’t deliver on. No more HAL photo contests for me. It’s really a shame…. It is the only ship board activity that I participate in. I guess that will give me more time to blog. Tomorrow, Ft. Lauderdale!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip home. I'll be watching for your next adventure.

Oh what picture won?

Anonymous said...

Honestly what a disappointment that had to be for you. I would have thought that the $100 would be $100 and that you could spend it anyway you wanted.

On your behalf - I protest. Come on Ms Rotterdam, let's play fair and nicely.

Betty
Canada

Anonymous said...

Typical HAL "prize" in this economy is the conditional prize. I think it started about the same time they got rid of the Dam Dollars as prizes for onboard contests.

On our last trip, the prize for almost every onboard contest came with some kind of inane restriction. One notable exception was the Pub Crawl, where they gave away shots as prizes for answering trivia questions at each bar stop. Of course, by the third bar, trivial thought was about the only kind left.

Thanks for sharing your voyage.

Michelle and Rudy van der Goot said...

Any organization gets things wrong from time to time, even HAL. But a good measure of the quality and customer focus of that organization is how they deal with those things that do go wrong. Mixed results with HAL in this area. Shame as they do so many things top notch. As to the photo contest, you get first prize from us and your prize will be a diet coke drink card from us the next time we sail together.
Cheers
Michelle

Mike and Kim Pamatot said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are our idol. Every morning my husband and I race to our computer to see who gets to read your latest story first. Someday we would love to travel with you. For now we will continue following you via your blog. Can't wait until July!