Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day 12 Husavik, Iceland














































Today the Icelandic adventure continued. We arrived early this morning into Husavik, Iceland again with some pretty overcast and wet weather… Fortunately, the weather improved greatly and a wonderful day was ahead of us. Today, as in yesterday’s adventure, was focused on exploring the natural wonders of Iceland. I particularly enjoyed the Dettifoss waterfall. This baby was quite large and there was a significant amount of water flowing. The Jökulsá River Canyon was also very scenic. Finally, the Whispering Cliffs and their volcanic plug formations were amazing. After a wonderful tour, I was dropped off in town for a quick tour and shop stop…. So far our stops in Iceland have been wonderful. I’m glad I have focused on the natural sights because they are amazing. Tomorrow will be some more of the same when we arrive in Seydisfjordur, Iceland. Here is a description of my tour: Eastern Iceland Wonders
Via Lake Lögurinn Road, you’ll drive to Egilsstadir. After an hour’s hike, view the Litli Nesfoss waterfall facing Hallormsstadur across Lake Lögurinn. You will visit the Hallormsstadur Forestry Station in the beautiful forest, where more than forty species of trees from various parts of the world growing in beautiful, natural surroundings. Hallormsstadars-kógur is the largest forest plantation in Iceland. To end your tour, you will pass through Egilsstadir, where there are several opportunities for souvenir shopping in the handicraft shops.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Is that a mushroom? I think I may have to take this cruise. So far it seems like I would really like these ports.

Unknown said...

Wow maybe some of the best photo's yet. you have got some eye. looks amazing happy sailing. allan and sandra

Anonymous said...

Simply amazing- you have a wonderful eye and natural talent for photography. Thank you. I thought I would look at an Alaskan cruise for next year- your traveloge is giving me second thoughts. Iceland is beautiful- leaving from Boston- in my own backyard......

Thanks, Kathy

whitey said...

The beach looked really rocky and very uncomfortable to lay on?