Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 22 Greenock, Scotland

Today was a bit of a Scottish day I believe…. I went out on deck early this morning only to be met with rain, clouds and a fair amount of fog. We were certainly due after the weather we had at our other British ports. Despite the weather, I could still capture some of the beauty as we sailed in. As we left for Stirling Castle I was tickled with the weather forecast sign…it was like saying “Welcome to Scotland”. Stirling Castle and the old city of Stirling were really stunning. The views were spectacular and we even had a bit of sun from time to time. I also thought the Monument to Will Wallace on an adjacent hill was very striking. I included a couple of photos for my buddy Ian….The trip to Stirling and the return were also great. The Scottish hills and farms make for great photos…. Once we got back to the ship I called it a day since the weather looked like it couldn’t make up its mind and the winds were picking up. All in all it was a great day…. Tomorrow we have a day at sea as we head to Torshavn in the Faroe Islands. If the weather isn’t good I may start on a book for the Voyage of the Vikings….. (or rest).

1 comment:

Jo said...

Greetings from the Eurodam! We left Invergordon yesterday afternoon just as the winds and rain began to whip up. It was a very rocky night which made for good sleeping. It's about 2pm now and the seas are smoothing and the sun is shining brightly.

Tomorrow we arrive in Reykjavik and I am booked on the "Glacier Safari by 4 Wheel Drive." (8 hours) Enjoy the scenery and visit historic sites but get there on less-traveled routes.

I'll give you a report!

All the best, Mariner Jo

ps. Loved your cow picture!