Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 69 At Sea

Today turned out pretty good.  We spent the morning sailing through the Malacca Strait, dodging the occasional shower.  It is one busy shipping channel.  The day was warm and sunny for the most part.  I have started my planning for my trip Friday (today is Tuesday) to Varanasi India, a very holy place on the Ganges.  We have two more days until we hit Cochin my jump off point.  Here is a brief summary of my trip….  Leave Cochin Friday, 18 March and fly to New Delhi, spend the night.  Early in the morning on the 19th I transfer to Delhi Airport for flight to Varanasi. Upon arrival in Varanasi, I travel to Sarnath, the birthplace of Buddhism. Later that afternoon, I visit Bharat Mata Temple in Varanasi, with its’ large marble relief map of India. Later, I’ll enjoy a boat ride on the River Ganges to watch the evening ceremonies. The morning of the 20th I’ll enjoy a boat ride on the River Ganges to watch the morning ceremonies. I’ll see the cremation sights, and bathing ghats. If there is time later, I’llvisit the local markets and narrow streets of Varanasi, which are teaming with life. I’ll transfer to the airport for my flight to Mumbai via New Delhi.  I’ll rejoin the ship late on the 20th in Mumbai.  I won’t be updating my blog until I return…  I will post a separate entry for the 18th, 19th and 20th after I get back. 

 

 

 

2 comments:

June said...

If we could capture the sky in paint as you have photographed it, that would be awesome. WOW!
Be safe on your journeys and I look forward to your blogs when you get back on the ship.

Anonymous said...

Wow - did you do any editing to that sky? It doesn't even look real! Beautiful, Jeff!

Michelle