Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 73 Varanasi, India (Part One)

Two part blog for day 1 of Varanasi.  It was exciting to arrive in Varanasi… I had waited for over a year to visit here. My excitement was shortlived however when TBI, the local guide, started telling my how my tour and activites would be shortened and restricted because of the Holi Festival or the Festival of Color. I won’t go into detail here but I am really upset with Goway Travel, a company I have used a lot and referred countless others to for customized tours. Anyway, I toured for a couple of hours going to Sarnath, the birthplace of Budddhism, and the city and surrounding area. It was mostly a panoramic, drive by type of touring…. The kind I hate! They took me back to the hotel for a couple of hours, much to my chagrin… I was picked up later for my first trip to the Ganges and the evening ceremonies. The ceremonies were great. Summary of the day… lousy tour (compliments of Goway Travel) but great photos…. I am pretty skilled at taking drive by photos…. You miss most but catch a few good ones. I was taken back to the hotel around 8isn and ultimately went to bed for my 5:45 am pickup for the morning ceremonies.

 

 

 

No comments: