Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 72 Cochin, India

The sail into Cochin was beautiful as usual… The Chinese dipping nets are really interesting. Of course today is the long awaited day where I fly to Varanasi India, one of the holiest sites for Hindus and near the birthplace of Buddhism. We arrived around 10:30 and I stayed aboard until 1:00 for my pickup for the airport. The flight to Delhi. It took about an hour to get to the airport (not 2 hours as Goway Travel insisted) so I had a long wait for my flight departure. My overnight stay went pretty well except for the exceptionally long drive to the hote. After checking in I went out and explored the streets and had a bite to eat. Then it was off to bed to rest up for my flight and exploration of Varanasi the next day.

1 comment:

Michelle and Rudy van der Goot said...

It will be worth the effort and our patience!

WOW already

Thanks for the hard work posting the blog