Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 69 Kemaman, Malaysia







































































































































































We had a nice arrival into Kemaman, Malaysia this morning. It was a nice greeting by the locals welcoming us. The weather was dry but threatening off in the distance. Perhaps we would get lucky with the weather….. not that lucky! It was periods of Monsoon today where it poured buckets. When you take a tour on the river and in the mangroves it is not the kind of weather you enjoy. We drove about an hour and a half to the Kuantan River this morning getting poured on as we went. The actual ride on the river wasn’t near as good as it should have been. I have done a lot of river and mangrove tours in my travels and I have never experienced one in which they couldn’t get rid of us fast enough. We were speeding along the river, whipping up a strong breeze blowing the rain right into our faces. I kept asking the guide to slow it down, to no avail. I did manage to get some good shots along the way but we missed more wildlife than we got to see because of the high speed of the boat…. Bummer. The guide tried to talk us out of walking the mangroves since it was so wet but a number of us said we were going for it. All in all the most I can say about today is that it was pretty wet. It is a shame we couldn’t take more time, the place is lovely and so are the people. I am glad I got to visit Kemaman… Malaysians are a good group of folks….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think some of these pics are the best yet. All the contrasts. Wonderful.

Maybe the guide wasn't really going all that fast, maybe you were thinking in 1 1/2 hour massage mode. Just a thought. :o)