Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 77 At Sea





































Today was another masterpiece…. Sunny, warm with a wonderful breeze. I took an hour out of my day by the pool to go tour the engine room. It was pretty interesting, pretty warm down there. I was glad I got to have a look. Other than that the day was spent relaxing in the sun watching countless fishing boats slid by…. What a chore for the security guys to keep and eye on all those small boats…. Great Day!!! Tomorrow, we arrive into Mumbai, India around 0600 for an overnight visit. It will be a bit of a pain going through security procedures I imagine after the attacks a few months ago. Oh well, I look forward to a nice visit. Tomorrow I plan on taking a ship’s tour. Here is the description: Kanheri Caves It's a 1 1/2-hour motor coach ride to Kanheri Caves. This extraordinary complex comprises more than 100 caves in all, believed to have been carved between the 2nd and 15th centuries. The flights of steps in the rocky mountainside, which connect one cave with another, are the most interesting part of the excursion. Cave Three, known as the Great Chaitya Caves is the most outstanding at 86 x 40 feet in size with 34 pillars around a dagoha (pagoda) built at the extreme end of the cave. Statues of Buddha adorn the verandah. You will stop at the Hotel Leela Kempinski en route for a buffet lunch before returning to Mumbai.

4 comments:

CINGULARONE said...

Jeff-

On a previous blog you described your visit to see the Terracotta Army in such detail that I knew immediately it was something I wanted to see myself. The High Museum of Art here in Atlanta has a touring selection on display.
I am sure that it will be nothing compared to the grand chambers, but perhaps enough to wet my whistle and consider a trip (and an extremely long plane ride) to see the 8th wonder of the world in person.

Hope all is well-

Dennis

Anonymous said...

Jeff:

Engine room looks spotless - I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

WOW - I hope you can do/take more behind the scene trips. How cool was that, that you got to go. I'm very jealous. I love that kind of stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff:
Have had interrupted computer service due to the Shuttle and Rocket launches.
I did, however, enjoy catching up this morning. Loved the village scenes and people shots. I didn't notice any animals. What are their indigenous critters?
Take care and keep them coming.
B-FL