Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 14 At Sea

Two weeks gone already? Where does the time go? Today was spectacular!!!! I spent another fantastic day out on the aft pool deck. We had a bit of clouds for a while but they dissipated over time. I haven’t figured out this crowd onboard yet. They definitely aren’t your standard “Grand Voyage” crowd. It will be interesting, as it always is, to see how the dynamics of this crowd of guests plays out over time. There are a number of old friends and familiar faces which always makes it nice. The Holland America team is doing an excellent job. The food has been great, both in the dining room & Pinnacle Grill, and the service impeccable throughout the ship. I saw a pretty interesting dynamic today. There were a small group of guests sitting near me (how dare they invade my space) who were complaining about anything that came to mind. I thought these people were just nuts. And then I started chuckling as they proceeded to talk about the internet and exactly what was wrong with it. I chuckled because it was obvious that finding the on/off switch on a PC would have been a technological challenge for this crowd yet they could pontificate, with great authority, about the satellite connections aboard ships and the internet…. Anyway, I digress…. In the middle of this group grope complaint fest, the Captain & Hotel Manager walked up to me and said hello. We were chatting when a representative of said group came up and proceeded to tell them how magnificent everything was on the ship. I certainly was taken aback…. I just wonder what these people were drinking…. Anyway… Perfect Day!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Jeff
Back on the Amsterdam again.Say hi to the crew from us. Don't what she is doing next year.

Michelle and Rudy van der Goot said...

they complained and then they saw an opportunity in their small minds to suck up to the brass in hopes of an invite to dinner with the captain....perhaps. It would not be the first time that type of thinking entered the minds of some less savey cruisers. Continue to enjoy that sun and diet coke. How are the deck chairs?

whitey said...

Jeff does the term "GOF" come to mind. Seems this type of personality comes with cruising.
Deb and I have done the same and sat laughing at what people complain about. I bet the drink was not a Diet Coke or a Labatts Blue

Mary said...

And now they will spend several days trying to figure out who you are. Glad you are having a good time.

Unknown said...

Okay so what is the big supprise. Think about the deck chair incident. You made a mark and we had upgraded chairs. To answer Rudy i see the new deck chairs and they look great. People who complain and do nothing are the norm. Hope your cold is improved. Allan and Sandra