Friday, April 3, 2009

Day 88 At Sea








































We had a really sizzling day today. Around 3:00 this afternoon we crossed the Equator for the 3rd time on this voyage. We can seem to make up our mind which hemisphere we want to sail in…. This morning at 0930 I continued my tour of the ships engines that I wrote about on Day 77. That day we had to cut the tour short so I was very happy today when we were invited back to finish the tour. It was great! I especially like when we got all the way aft and watched the shaft spinning for the propellers. It was a lot hotter today that before because we are running more engines than our previous tour. I was very appreciative of our opportunity to tour the lower decks…. At 1230 today I had a meeting for our upcoming overnight tour to the Maasai Mara game reserve in Kenya. I also signed up for a hot air balloon ride at Maasai Mara on the second day. This also is my birthday… what a way to celebrate your birthday. Tomorrow we arrive into the island of Mahe’ at Victoria in the Seychelles… It will be a great day, I can just feel it. Ron, Glenda & I plan on hitting the town and markets first and hopefully getting a taxi and exploring the beaches around the island. The second day is planned for a total beach day.

6 comments:

Holly said...

I'm glad you got to finish the tour as well. That kinda stuff is the best.

Nice cloud pic - ty!

Can't wait to see the birthday balloon pictures. You'll have to send them to Eric to post under his "Photos submitted by friends" section on his site. He's going to be very jealous. As am I.

W CUBED said...

HI JEFF,

WOW....THAT IS THE ONLY WORD THAT I WAS GOING TO POST....RE YOUR VERY FIRST PIC ON THIS POSTING....FAB!!!

BUT ALAS....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!(AT LESAT YOU ARE BEING SPARED HEARING ME SING )

WISH YOU THE BEST THAT THE WORLD HAS TO OFFER ON YOU SPECIAL DAY!!

W CUBED

whitey said...

Not like you to enjoy a beach day?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff,

Happy Birthday to you! Yes, what a great way to celebrate... enjoying life and planning for new adventures with friends. Hope your travels continue to be safe and fun. Enjoy Seychelles - can't wait to see your photos from there!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEFF! GOOD TO BE THIS AGE!
I, TOO, LOVED THE FIRST PICTURE TODAY. SEE, YOU JUST GET BETTER WITH AGE. HA HA!
B-FL

Jeff Farschman said...

It's not my birthday yet... When I'm in Kenya it will be my birthday, when I go ballooning over all the wildlife (hopefully).