Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 89 Victoria. Seychelles












































































Today was about as good as it gets….. We arrived into Victoria fairly early but it looked like the pilot forget to set his alarm clock. He was definitely a bit late… Once the ship was cleared, Ron, Glenda and I set out on our adventure. First up was to head to the markets since they were only open until noon and not at all tomorrow. We walked into town checking out the sights along the way like the old clock tower and arrived fairly quickly at the markets. It was fabulous…. There were lots of fish, veggies, fruits etc and lots of people… Great people watching and photo opportunities. After spending quite a bit of time at the markets in the sweltering heat we headed out to see the Hindu Temple, Catholic Church and the street activities. We then walked to the Botanical Gardens which were great. I especially liked the giant tortoises. We then grabbed a taxi for the rest of the day and headed over the mountains to the viewing points and also to the Old Mission ruins on the way to Port Glaud on the west coast. We then headed north to Port Launay. We took some photos and headed back south stopping along the way until we reached the island road crossing back over to the east coast at Anse A La Mouche. Once we reached to east coast we headed north and stopped at the beached at Fairyland…. Beautiful!!! We then continued north stopping for photos along the way as we made our way back to Victoria on our way to Beau Vallon on the north east coast for a beach stop. We had a great time there. The beach was great, water perfect and the diet cokes… priceless! Around 5:00 we headed back to Victoria for one last bit of shopping before boarding the ship so I could do this blog…. So sad. What an absolutely fantastic day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

Happy Birthday(day late). Would have loved to celebrate with you!! I'm am following and loving your blog...great pics. Happy for you your back to warm/dry weather.

Karen..from 1st cruise

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff:
Photos of Victoria are spectacular! Though the scenic shots are great, I have a tremendous appreciation for the people pictures. Love them...you capture their essence.
I can't wait to see the pics from the hot air balloon in Kenya.....I am waiting patiently!
I loved the tortoise photo...have to get you with a nesting sea turtle, too.
B-FL

kbarkins said...

Uncle Jeff,

I really like checking out your blog, etc whenever I get a chance, but I have a suggestion. There is a feature called lightbox, which I am sure you've heard of, that is really easy to integrate with blogs, etc. I think blogspot has support for it, and it only takes one line of html code in your "template" fil to add it. Then when people come to your page and view the pictures there will be an overlay that zooms in and they will be able to click next/previous buttons to scroll through the images. Just an idea, you can see how it works on my website: http://ion-e.com/content/page-10.html. Just click one of the screen shots and you will see what I mean. If you like it I can send you the necessary code/steps to add it.

Otherwise, I am pretty jealous of all the cool places you have been and people/culture you have seen. One day maybe I can join you on one of your excursions.

Jeff Farschman said...

Kyle,
Maybe when I get home I can check it out. Too expensive on the ship.... Take care

Anonymous said...

do you have any pictures of the firehoses on the decks in case of pirate attacks? bill and mary ann were talking about them in their blog. i'd love to see that if possible. thanks.