Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day 96 Mombasa, Kenya





























































































































































































































































































I was pretty exhausted this morning when I got out of bed… I stayed up past 1:00 am doing the blog and was a bit deprived of sleep to begin with. Anyway, I got together with Ron, Glenda & Angie at 0900 and we headed for Fort Jesus and the Old Town of Mombasa. It was pretty interesting and very, very hot. After a couple of hours of touring around the old city we headed out of town to the Bamburi Nature Park to catch some wild animals. The visit was great! We saw giant tortoises that were 120 years old, hippos, monkeys, an eland an a host of very cool birds. It certainly was an excellent day to close out our stay in Kenya. We now have 3 days at sea on our way to Mozambique. I will need the rest since startinf in Mozambique I have 8 days without a break. There will be a day in Mozambique, two days at Richard’s Bay where Sandy, Grace & I will do an over night at Phinda Game Reserve and then the next day in Durban South Africa I leave the ship with my friends Bill & Mary Ann and head to Zambia to visit Victoria Falls and Botswana for four days and return in Cape Town and take a tour the next day…. I’m exhausted just thinking about it. I may get way behind in my blog during that period.

5 comments:

Artha (artha@ymail.com) said...

hello Jeff ...
my name is Artha,
i was your your waiter when you were at tbl 62 with Ms. Levin.

i always go to your blog almost everyday,
the thing i like is the way you take a picture,
did you take a course of photography ???

hey ...
i saw crowd at your table last night,
i found out that it was your birthday celebration,
so ....
happy birthday Jeff ....
many many more ..........

cheersss

Jeff Farschman said...

Artha,
No, I have never taken a course in photography. Thank you for the birthday wishes...

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday!!! Thank you for the daily posts and pictures, I really look forward checking your blog everyday.

Angie

W CUBED said...

HI JEFF,

PERVIOUS POSTERS HAVE SAID EVERYTHING THAT CAN BE SAID ABOUT YOUR WONDERFUL PICTURES...YOU HAVE REALLY OUT DONE YOURSELF!!!

THAT HAVING BEEN SAID....JUST YOU WAIT TILL YOU GET TO 'VICTORIA'!! IT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND...

W CUBED

Anonymous said...

Hello Jeff,

I have to say that your photographs are like opening the pages of National Geographic - beautiful landscapes and you have a way of capturing the essence of the people that is truly lovely.

It has been a joy to follow your travels.

Rachel Bohl