Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 17 At Sea







Today was sooooooooo much better than yesterday….. It’s still a little cooler than I’d like but it was a full day of relaxation in the sun. The thing that separates this Grand Voyage from my last 2 is the spirit and energy of the crew and guests alike. This is a very positive and upbeat environment. The desire of the crew to provide an excellent product is evident everywhere you turn. I have a really good table at dinner. The people are very nice and everyone gets along well. The conversation is so good that we are about the last ones to leave. Believe me the people at your table can really make a huge difference. On last year’s Grand Asia Voyage I had 2 ladies traveling together (for only a segment) and they took a lot away from the voyage because of their unpleasant behavior that occurred from time to time. I saw that one of them is on board now but….. not at my table. The days are filled with seeing and visiting old friends (crew & guests alike) and it makes for a nice day (as long as it is a sunny day). The Captain, Olav van der Waard, stopped by while I was bronzing and visited for a minute and I gave him a thumbs up on the weather. This is just another of the little things that make this a Grand Voyage. P.S. Don’t I look pretty dark in the picture? Can you actually find me? I added a couple of photos, my friend Nancy from Ensemble Travel & I with the latest in fashionable sunglasses.... Good look for me? I think so....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE glasses....
Would look good at the "boatyard".
Great as always Jeff.

Ian said...

so you went to the craft classes at last !!! no kidding, great glasses and fun to look at. the pictures with the lizard are great too. I,m glad about your tablemates. it sure does make a difference. have a great cruise.
carole