Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 23 At Sea




As hard as it is to believe, today was even nicer than yesterday….as long as you like it hot!!!! It was a fabulous day. I was overcome by demons of some sort and even worked out. I hope I get over that soon. This voyage has been really top notch in almost every aspect. Last night’s dinner in the Pinnacle Grill was exceptional. The food and service was truly outstanding. So far I have to give Holland America very high marks. I know it is very early in the voyage but all signs point to sustaining this level of excellence throughout. All is not perfect, there are a couple of issues I may be writing about later in the voyage but they have nothing to do with the onboard staff or their performance. The onboard staff has been excellent across the board….. Great job and another great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, honestly, can you get any darker !!! I'm a sun lover but just a little jealous, expecting snow tonight !

Anonymous said...

Sizzling Sepia.

But based on the number of people that appear to be trying to give you a run for your color, it could turn into Burnt Sienna very quickly.

Anonymous said...

Hello Jeff - I have a confession. I spent several hours last weekend reading your entire blog...all cruises and related fabulous pictures. Bills, errands and other needed home issues went undone because I was mesmerized.

You are living the dream I've had for several years -- seeing the world via sea. I, too, hate air travel. Not because of flying, which I actually love, but because of the madness involved with commercial airlines and the length of time (wasted, in my opinion) spent getting to my destination.

Thank you so much for continuing to post your incredible journey. I WILL be walking in your shoes (er, flip flops) soon. Maybe we'll be on the same voyage...I'll buy you a diet coke.

Diane

Anonymous said...

Can't believe I am the first comment about "working out"! Was that bending the elbow to drink another DC or moving your chair into a better position for the sun???? Are you sick as well??? I think this needs a full explanation for friends and family...