Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 7 Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica
















The trip today to the Guacaillos Estuary and the Tarcoles River was great. While I have perhaps seen more critters in the past when I have hit the rivers and canals of Costa Rica, today was fabulous. I especially like the crocodiles and birds that come in all shapes and sizes. It is amazing that Costa Rica has more species of birds than the USA & Canada combined. I’m sure that Canada has more very cold white birds though. That was for Ian & W3……. Don’t ask! We spent about 2 hours on the boat and saw all kinds of herons, ibis, macaws, hawks, and a whole bunch of birds that I have no idea what they were. Of course we saw quite a few crocs….. (aside from what some of the passengers were wearing). The day was a beautiful day thanks in large part to this being the dry season. In the afternoon I hung out at the pool sweating my buns off…. I know, no sympathy from those in cold country. Tomorrow we have a day at sea followed by our stop at Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala where I will fly to see the Mayan ruins of Copan in Honduras…. I hope to get some great shots. I have wanted to visit there for some time. I’m looking forward to it, not the flight. I envision a plane & pilot like out of an Indiana Jones movie….

No comments: