Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 79 At Sea







So much for my big plans for the Mexican Riveria…. Today was very overcast, rainy and very cool…. definitely not my kind of day. I spent the day reading and just relaxing. I decided to top off the day to get a hot stone massage. Great decision! I can barely type now. Tomorrow we are going to be in Acapulco. My plan is to go off and explore some of the old town and capture some photos. Then I will go back to the ship and, hopefully, relax in the sun. I don’t plan on going to any beaches at this point. Tonight we have another formal night. I included a photo from the last formal night. It is a very bad photo because of the photographer’s lights in the background. It is an interesting FORMAL night photo….. A little update: Great formal night. I had an enjoyabe evening with Aart & Yvonne and with my tablemates at this evening's formal dinner. Everything was nice... I added a couple of photos....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love (not) the guy in the shorts, black socks, and black shoes in the background!

vickie said...

Unbelievable.. but at least no guy in a formal HAL robe and slippers, just a guy in shorts... Like you have said, formal nights just are not what they used to be.
We've been getting colder and they are saying as much as 3 -4 inches of rain in the burn areas this week. Keeping my fingers crossed there won't be too much mud around my house.
Vickie

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff:
Please, post your opinion of the "Open seating" vs "Assigned seating" dining. I haven't been on a cruise w/ "open" and our January is "open", and don't know what to expect. Would appreciate your thoughts. We like developing a relationship with table mates. ??????
Can't believe you are already on your 80 th day! Time flies when you're having fun!
B-FL

Anonymous said...

P.S. Loved the moon shot yesterday! B-FL

Anonymous said...

Question for you. Do people gamble on these large world tours like they on the short cruises? Also - the guy with the shorts, he must not have gotten the memo that is was formal night??

Michelle and Rudy van der Goot said...

Musta been his dress shorts and soxes. One can only wonder why HAL won't or can't enforce the dress code. If it is going to be what ever goes, then we can all pack a whole lot less for our cruises.

Bare foot whitey said...

Even worse was the "whitey" socks!:)