Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 103 Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala

Today was just fabulous…. I did pretty much nothing except sit in the sun, read and listen to music. We arrived into Puerto Quetzal in the early morning hours, well before daybreak, so I didn’t get up for the sail in. It was a good thing too because fro some ungodly reason they had us at the container port and not the cruise ship port. It was so silly that they had a container ship at the cruise ship dock…. Originally I had booked a tour to fly to Tikal today but cancelled it. I’m happy I did now since it rained all day there today. I would not have been a happy camper. I went ashore this morning for just a short while to take some photos and then headed for the pool. The big news for the day was that we got out of code red status for norovirus today at 2:00…. Great! It is less than a week now before the World Voyage begins…. I am excited for it to get started and to see my friends….

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeff a job well done. We new you would fix the problem. Happy New Year Allan and Sandra

CINGULARONE said...

Jeff-

We are back from our 21 night cruise, not sure how you and your contemporaries handle being on a ship as long as you do. No problems with being on the ship, but I would 1700 pounds after 3 months on a ship. Bringing in the New Year this evening, we are taking the lear jet to California to celebrate in California (yeah, right)......

We had a fantastic SE in Guatemala on a prior cruise, coffee plantation.

Hope all is well-

Whitey (hic) said...

Happy New Years Jeff...

Spike that Coke OK!