Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 90 Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala

Today was fairly uneventful. Originally, my friends and I were going to take the transfer offered by shore excursons to the colonial city of Antigua but backed away when we found that they were misrepresenting it. This was a problem on the last World Voyage so I haven’t a clue as to why it is still a problem. Wake up Seattle! I decided that I would just walk around the immediate port are, shop a bit, take a few photos and head to the pool. It was a great plan. I’ll be back here on the 30th of December when I will fly to the Mayan ruins of Tikal….very cool. Anyway, I just hung out by the pool for the rest of the day and it was great.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question- what is the haze in the picture? pollution, air quality, or what? great pictures of the people for the last few days. You do really capture that well while being respectful. WV

Jeff Farschman said...

Some of the haze is from air pollution, how much? I don't know

Michelle and Rudy van der Goot said...

I know I said it before but why does HAL seem to have a problem getting it right with shore excursions? This goes for the excursions being misrepresented and the shore excursion staff. Hal does so many wonderful things with their cruises it is really a shame that they fail so pitfully in this area.
On a more positive note, great pic's once again and a great job showing contrasts in the local area economy. Loved the people and animal shots over the last few days. Well back to shoveling snow!

Whitey -14C said...

Saw a couple of cute crew members in your shots.
I hope they have family who can view the blog Jeff!

Also another thing I have noticed.
I always thought vegetables and fruit were slimming?

Megan said...

Hi Jeff,

My husband Kevin and I were tablemates with you on a cruise 2 years ago. We've been following your blog faithfully ever since. :) Thank you for all the time you spend uploading your gorgeous pictures. We love to see them!

We're set to join you on the ship in Long Beach on Wednesday (need anything?). We had planned to do the "Antigua on your own" tour on the 30th in Guatemala -- would you not recommend that now? I'm curious...

Looking forward to seeing you on board (we're having a bet whether you'll remember us). lol

Cheers,
Megan & Kevin
San Jose, CA

Jeff Farschman said...

For Antigua on you own they advertise dropping you at the central square, instead they drop you a fair walk away at a jade place. It eats up some of your time and someone is probably getting a kickback. Doing business that way just pisses me off.