Friday, December 25, 2009

Day 97 At Sea


Today went pretty much as expected…. It was our first day out from L.A. and was pretty chilly. I spent the day trying to learn about my new camera and visiting with friends. There may have been a nap somewhere during the afternoon as well. So it was a pretty relaxed day. This evening we celebrated Christmas with a lovely meal. For me personally, Christmas has never been the same after my parents passed away. I always spent Christmas with then so it has taken a bit away from the holidays. I also miss my family & friends back home. It was a very nice evening nonetheless. It is so nice to be sailing with Sandy & Grace again. Tomorrow, hopefully, we will have some nicer weather. I understand we will be taking a little detour tomorrow for a medical evacuation of a crew member at Cabo San Lucas…. Too bad we aren’t stopping. Merry Christmas to all….

8 comments:

Nora said...

Merry Christmas Jeff. You've missed a day, today was Thursday, December 24th and I think you are at day 97. All this time on the ship - I'm surprised you don't completely lose track of the days. I love reading your BLOG and check every day to see what you are doing and sometimes even check out the ports on the web. Have a lovely Christmas Day tomorrow in the sun. Cheers from Nora

Unknown said...

Hello Jeff,

We met on Voyage of the Vikings, last summer.

I will be hosting a CC meet and greet on Jan 7th, 10,30 piano bar on Amsterdam. Hope you will be able to attend.

Louise
Happyglobetrotter

Scrappy Cruiser said...

Thank you for making all of my seasons bright, Jeff. I really enjoy your blog. Merry Christmas to you.

Anonymous said...

hi,Jeff,
At last a word from the netherlands,katwijk.
Read all day your blog for the first time.Feel a lot better now seeing all the wellknow places on the ship and crew...Wish you a Merry Christmas (,allthough it will be over now with you) from a very wet and cold holland,
have a very nice time ,marianne hoek

June said...

Merry Christmas Jeff,
Thanks for your wonderful blogs. As we gather around the table to celebrate Christmas we will think of you.

Blessings as you continue on your journey.

Jan Hodges said...

Merry Christmas Jeff!

Jan (Hodges)

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, wish we were there. Say Hello to Grace and Sandy.

Ron and Glenda said...

Sorry about that. The last anonymous was from us.