Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 81 Huatulco, Mexico

Today was a great day to visit Bahia de Santa Cruz, Huatulco…. The weather was perfect. I was the first one off the ship at 0730 and walked around the port taking photos for about an hour. Since I was still the only one around and most things were closed I went back to the ship fro a cold diet coke (very hot already) and to connect with Aart & Yvonne. We got together around 0930 and headed back out. We strolled around the port and beach area for a while and then hooked up a tour. We got a guide (Alberto) to take us around the local area and some nice view points. The tour was fabulous and the views amazing…. We then returned to the beach to sit, relax and have some cold drinks. It was a great day…. The only thing missing was our friends Wil & Ron who are now back in Holland. WE thenreturned back to the ship where I finished the day poolside until our sail out of the harbor at 5:00. Tomorrow we will be at Puerto Chiapas, Mexico.

10 comments:

HappyCruiser said...

So glad you're preceeding us on this journey so we'll know what to expect next month! What in the world is that big slash through the hills in the second photo?

Love the pelican & bird shots!

How's the foot? You seem to be getting around OK.

Linda

Jeff Farschman said...

The big slash will be some new development. My foot is still healing....

guy d said...

I don't know if these comments are getting to you or not. Love the pics Glad you are enjoying yourself while the rest of us are here taking care of the laundry, and house stuff

Jeff Farschman said...

Guy,
If the comment is on my blog I have seen it. I have to approve them before they are published. Enjoy your voyage on thwe Maasdam.

Jeff

W3 said...

HI JEFF,

GREAT TO SEE YOU IN YOUR "SUN OUTFIT"...TANK AND SHORTS...ENJOY BECAUSE WE ARE HAVING OUR FIRST SNOW STORM OF THE SEASON...CAN'T YOU JUST HEAR BING SINGING "I'M DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS"!!!

GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOUR TOE IS ON THE MEND. HAS THAT PELLICAN ADOPTED YOU? LOL...

THE BIG DAY IS TOMORROW...."MOVING DAY" WISH ME LUCK...

W3

Whitey said...

W3
You must be nearby then...

Same here as only a 2 1/2 hour commute but at least feet in good shape.

Unknown said...

Jeff,

I have enjoyed your BLOG since Alaska.
I booked the two week Amsterdam for late July.
We went in 2001 so am anxious to see the changes plus Kodiak and the train ride in Skagway. The two ports we have not visited.

Keep the ship warm for us.

Thanks for the Blog,

Bill Hobart

Sharon Andersen said...

Hi Jeff,
How you doing? Good to know that you have recovered from us CC's leaving you all alone on the sun deck.
I figure your ears have been burning over the past few days. I have been visiting with my friends, sharing tales of my grand adventures, and, of course, you, tan man.
I hope you continue to have a wonderful time.
Good to know your toe is still connected to the rest of your body.
Enjoy the warm weather I am in the middle of a Nor'Easter.
Take Care,
Sharon (neonsea)

Unknown said...

Jeff Sandra said to tell you that the Regent has only 8 formal nights on the world cruise so we guess that is the times we live in. Hope your foot is on the mend.Allan

Anonymous said...

Diane & Bud O are on your ship. They are our cousins and she gave us your blog spot. Love the photos and wish we were there.
T & L B.