Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 2 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

We arrived early this morning at anchor at Half Moon Cay…  It was a little breezy and when I arrived on the island (1st tender) the tide was up pretty high.  I hung out by the “I wish I could stay here forever” bar for the day.  I was on the beach for maybe ½ hour when Apollonia arrived…  It was great to catch up with what has been going on with her and Edward since the transferred from the ms Amsterdam.  We went for a walk around the island and then planted ourselves on the beach.  Despite being fairly breezy it was a nice day ashore.  I also spotted the other Jeff Farschman while I was on the beach.  I met him and his family and hope to get together while we are on this cruise.  I included a picture of the two of us.  Jeff is the handsome one……  Nice day!  I returned to the ship and found a quiet spot up on the top deck away from the crowd.  Good day to sit back and do some reading.  Tonight is the Captain’s Welcome Toast and our first formal night.  I have to admit I am really enjoying being here on the Nieuw Amsterdam.  It is certainly a dramatically different experience than the Maasdam.  I feel at home once again…..  No longer do I feel like cargo!

 

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Jeff
I'm so glad to hear the smile in the tone of your text. See what I mean about picking a "dam" ship based upon who is working onboard. It really does make a difference.
Did you end up with a verandah cabin this time???? I was looking at yesterday's photos and it looked like a shot off the balcony divider.

Anonymous said...

why did you feel like cargo on Maasdam?

Jeff Farschman said...

The number one reason I used the term Cargo was because the Chief Engineer, in a meeting with me and the Hotel Manager, referred to me as cargo. Good reason? There are more.....

Gayle said...

Iam really enjoying reading your blog. The first picture of the ship in the waters at Half Moon Cay on Day 2 is awesome. It shows perfectly the varied colors of the waters. Also liked the picture of the two Jeffs (of course).