Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 10 Callao (Lima), Peru

We arrived about a hour ahead of schedule today into the port of Callao, Peru. I decided to spend the day with my friends Sandy & Grace. We got off the ship and hooked up a taxi for the day. WE headed out to the old town of Lima. WE first went to Plaza de Armas with it’s spectacular Cathedral & Presidential Palace. We spent quite a bit of time there before walking to Plaza San Martin. Lima is a very interesting city with some very interesting architecture. The people were pretty friendly and I got what I thought were some pretty good people shots. Next we went to the Gold Museum and then to the Inca Market. We spent about 7 hours exploring Lima before returning to the ship. I went to the Barbeque in the Lido for dinner and got together with friends. It turned out to be a wonderful day. Tomorrow I will be going to Miraflores with Allan & Sandra…. Should be a great day!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your photos. I've followed your adventures for several years now. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's blog.

We're will be on our 10 cruise this spring. Someday I hope we can do a cruise like you. Thank you so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Is it a church or the gold museum with the vaulted ceilings?
kristy

Anonymous said...

I have some good friends that I've met through the years from Lima.
I've never seen photos of the place, so your blog today was of particular interest to me. Thank you Jeff.
David

Jeff Farschman said...

The vaulted ceilings are inside the Cathedral.

Anonymous said...

Wow- amazing photos. Lima looks like a place I would enjoy visiting. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us.

Kathy

guy d said...

great photos. Looking forward to lima on my cruise in april for 30 days. mom and I will be there for 3 whole days. before we return to ft lauderdale through the canal again

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cathedral with the gold ceiling work like that! Nice photo angles too. Enjoying your journey, Jeff!

Michelle