Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 14 Key West, Florida

Today was a pretty good day. We arrived early into Key West and went through our US Immigration process.  Once the ship cleared, I was off exploring Key West.  I walked about for a few hours and did some major shopping.  I was also able to talk with some friends and family which always makes for a nice day.  I headed back to the ship early because I have to pack… including this computer.  Tonight I have a full schedule, cocktail party at 7:30 followed by dinner with Stein Kruse and his family.  That is why I have to do some serious packing this afternoon.  I don’t want to be up all night.  I also included a photo from last night…  my friend Chris, the ship’s photographer from the Maasdam has joined the Nieuw Amsterdam, nice surprise….  Well, I better get packing.  I’ll be in Ft. Lauderdale for 3 days starting tomorrow.  Wednesday starts the 2011 Grand World Voyage…  yeah!

 

 

 

1 comment:

Bill said...

Hi Jeff,

Thanks again for sharing your terrific photos. The shot of Sloppy Joe's Bar reminded me of a photo I took years ago that I wanted included in a video, but the developer cropped 'Sloppy'leaving only 'Joe's Bar'. Obviously not a Ernest Hemingway fan. Looking forward to your journal of the Grand World Voyage.

Bill