Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 13 At Sea

For the life of me I can’t figure out this weather…..  I came out this morning and it was overcast, windy and cold.  Yes, cold!  I sat with Allan, Sandra & Willem for a while out on the aft Lido area and finally had to call it quits because I was really chilled.  I went inside for a while and then went down to get a jacket.  Once I got back upstairs I saw the sun had come out.  I made a beeline for the aft deck and got a chair.  There I remained for the rest of the day bronzing.  It turned out to be a fabulous day after all.   Tonight dinner, as usual, was great.  The ship, her crew and all the services they provide have been fantastic….  This is certainly no Maasdam….  That reminds me, no one from Seattle ever got back to me regarding that fiasco.  Hummmm…..  I guess that means they don’t care.  It’s just a good thing that the Nieuw Amsterdam and the Amsterdam are spectacular.

 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,
We are really enjoying your blog, have followed your travels for the last couple of years. We are booked on the VOV on the Maasdam this summer and are concerned about your experiences. Could you elaborate on what problems you encountered?

Jeff Farschman said...

I'll give that some thought....

Anonymous said...

We could give you our email if you would not publish it, but really would like to get your comments before we have to make final payment. Thanks for giving this some consideration.