Sunday, January 2, 2011

Disembarking the Nieuw Amsterdam....

It was bittersweet leaving the Nieuw Amsterdam this morning.  While I am heading for my Grand World Voyage this Wednesday, it was difficult saying goodbye to my friends.  It was such a special voyage seeing my friends Captain Van Zaane & Apollonia, Marco & Karen, Mike & Bianca and of course my buddy Manny Cabanela....  The voyage was very special, the ship, service, food...  you name it and it was exceptional.  Well, except for the Internet.  I had a fabulous evening last night.  First, I enjoyed the cocktail party and then I had a fantastic evening with Stein Kruse & his family.  It just couldn't have been any better....  Thanks to all the Nieuw Amsterdam staff & crew for a truly special voyage.  Holland America can be very proud of their latest addition to the fleet.  It was just what I needed after...., well you know..... no need to go there.  Now I'll be at the Westin Hotel until Wednesday.  Tomorrow I have lined up and exciting day.  I'll start with breakfast with my friend Vicki then go for skin cancer surgery. Perhaps I can get in some pool time later in the day :-)

 

 

 

2 comments:

guy d said...

hey jeff, to me it seams like you just started on the maasdam for your long cruise. Well 2 ships down and 1 long cruise to go. Say hello to everyone on the amsterdam for that is your next ship for the grand adventure right? Well keep us posted on your adventures. good luck with your appointments in between your tanning. Keep well stocked on the diet cokes too

terry moon said...

Hello Jeff, it was nice chatting with you at the bus, while you waited patiently for the rest of the crowd......at the FLL Port upon your arrival.....
I enjoyed your blog photos and all your traveling........also, wanted to wish you a prompt recovery on your surgery and hope everything goes well. Keep up the traveling!!!

Hugs
Terry Moon
Holland America